Your Summer Adventure Awaits!
Rocky Mountain Outfitters Riding Excursions
This summer we are offering scheduled four- day and three-night horseback riding trips in the Rocky Mountains. Located at our Moose Creek Camp in the heart of Kananaskis backcountry.
All our guests will enjoy spectacular day rides in the mountains and fresh, hardy camp cooked meals. Your accommodations will be a cozy walled tent, with cots and a burning stove to keep you warm through the night, and each tent will be stocked with split fire wood. Our cook will provide you with packed lunches for your rides and breakfast and warm dinners in the evening. Alcohol is allowed but not provided, so if you wish to have drinks bring your own.
The first and fourth day will be riding into and out of camp. The second and third day will be your full day rides…a camera is a must to bring!
- 0800 - meet at the Ranch in Springbank, AB on 243125 RR33.
- 0830- there will be a hearty breakfast prior to departure.
- 0900 - the trip will commence promptly post breakfast.
Airport pick up can be arranged if needed.
We will drive approximately one hour from our ranch to the trail head in Kananaskis where wranglers will prepare the packhorses and we will ride four hours into moose creek camp.
- 1300 – lunch will be served in camp.
While in camp guest are encouraged to explore the area and relax in the secluded backcountry setting. Snacks and supper will be served with a campfire to follow.
- 0800 - breakfast will be served.
- 0900 – 0945 horses will be saddled up and ready to depart. Those who are comfortable to tack their horse are welcomed to do so.
- 0950 the ride will commence. We will cross high ridges, which drop down into the valley. The ride will be approximately three hours long, with breathtaking view to be had.
- 1300 we will have lunch near the local waterfall. Then a three-hour ride back to camp, where snacks and dinner will be served, and a campfire follow.
- 0800 – breakfast
- 0900 – 0945 horses will be saddled up.
- 0950 – will be a day ride along the high ridges, with beautiful meadows and fabulous views to be seen.
- 1300 – lunch will be served at the mountain peak. We will ride back to camp following lunch. The ride will be approximately six hours in length.
- 0800 – breakfast will be served. After breakfast guests are welcomed to hike or just relax while wranglers pack up. Snacks will be provided prior to our four-hour journey back to the ranch. We will have a BBQ or lunch at the establishment the Powder Horn in Bragg Creek at the end of the trip.
We also offer an exclusive yoga retreat in the mountains. You will start your day with a morning yoga session on the mountains peak followed by your day ride on horseback. Your days adventure will end with a relaxing yoga session, to easy your muscles into the next days ride. Meals are provided.
We further offer horse back custom packing. We will transport your camping gear in and out of the backcountry for hikers, hunters, or any other group activities who may require our help.
We are looking forward to taking you out into the spectacular Rocky Mountains and experience the wonders of nature one can only see on horseback. Your days will be filled with adventure, fun, taking new sights and sounds, and leaving with awesome memories and lifetime experiences! Come and let us take you on this incredible journey in the Canadian Rockies!
Price per person is $1499+GST per person
Yoga trip price is $1699+GST per person
*50% deposit is required at the time of booking
Rocky Mountain Outfitters also offer one to four-hour horseback rides. Please contact us for details.